Crypto miners are constantly looking for the ways to improve the performance of the device and make the mining most profitable. The task is quite common and the increasing number of involved crypto enthusiasts shows that it can never be out of date. Setting up BIOS and optimizing Windows are among the first of steps to getting best mining experience. Before setting up the preferable miner and staring the crypto mining process, it is necessary to begin with motherboard BIOS settings and operating systems. That will definitely boost stability and hashrate of your rigs. In this article we will share with you basic instructions regarding setups.
One of the functions of PC BIOS is to configure hardware settings including system settings, such as computer passwords, time, and date. In order to update your BIOS to the latest version, you need to visit the official website of your motherboard manufacturer. There you will find user programs and instructions to assist.
- Section Restore on Power Loss (Power On): when power is back, the rig rises automatically and power supply recovers after power loss.
- Section CPU Fan Control (Auto): this is automatic setting. The system fans speed automatically adjust depending on the temperature. Additionally, it reduces noise level and extends service life of the device.
- Section Audio Controller (Disabled): the setting disables audio firmware controller. As we are most interested in mining and its productivity, it is ineffective as the last one wastes resources that are of great value.
- Section PCIe Speed (Gen2): PCIe is an interface standard for connecting high-speed components. This setting might help with the stabilization and increasing of hashrate. The process switches port PCI Express to PCI Express 2.0 mode and expands its capacity from 250 Mb/s to 500 Mb/s.
- Section PCIEX16_1 Link Speed (Gen3): the setting helps to increase PCIe16 ports capacity to 1 Gb/s.
- To conclude, one more item about optimization of BIOS. In case the built-in graphic card is not used for image display during Windows installation, you’d rather turn it off.
Install Your Windows
In order to install the operating system, there should be at least 60–120 GB HDD or SSD for your disk storage space. It is recommended to use SSD for higher download speed and timing. You should not use disks of smaller storage capacity for Windows installation. In addition, you should use the hard completely for C:drive avoiding partition.
It is not necessary to connect Ethernet cable during Windows installation. Users can simply download all the necessary updates later.
They advise to use one graphic card only that is connected to PCIEx16 during Windows installation and setup. The reason for such a preference is to avoid problems with recognition of operational systems.
You should download essential drivers only. There are Chipset, network interface driver (LAN) and graphic card driver. Additional programs are not necessary.
Another instruction is to increase virtual memory to minimum of 16 GB.
Do not forget to disable Sleep Mode. With default settings, your PC might go to the sleep mode after 15 or 30 minutes of inactivity. Operational systems recognize mining programs working as inactivity time. Therefore, the option to disable sleeping mode is obligatory.
Finally, BIOS setup and Windows optimization are the basic steps to start your mining path. In case of any unawareness about any device or its settings, there are a lot of crypto enthusiasts to help. We wish you good luck and the proper Bitcoin rate!